Monday, May 10, 2021

Sober (for now) and Back to Blogging

I think it's been over a decade since I've posted here. 15 years perhaps. Soooooooooooo, this is an “I’m back” post - That’s why I gonna talk about myself for a while. Sorry. I got addicted to FB and the 3 likes per post I'd get there. Hey, it's not like I was raking in the numbers here either. In fact, I only just remembered I had this space. Hi. Hello. Nice to meet ya. So, about the 2 pegs down title. I'm temporarily off alcohol till I get a job. Considering that I have not had a job for 7 years (due to battling psychosis – with pills not a misguidedly romantic sword) this could be a problem. Not that I have been sober for 7 years (Oh, hell no!). This ‘off booze till I get a job’ thing is just an unrealistic goal that I have set for myself. Realistically speaking it's a bullshit goal. Let’s be realistic. The chances of a psychotic person getting a job are low. The chances of somebody with 7 years off his CV are very low. In a lockdown? Combine the three and I'd probably stand a better chance of making money selling tricks to horny rickshaw drivers who are too high on meth to realise that mine are man boobs. Oh, manboobs, a little gift from the C virus lockdown. How have you guys been keeping up with the lockdown? I quit alcohol for a year then decided to bail the alcohol companies out of bankruptcy. That was fun. Hey, 7 years have not gone wasted. I’ve written 5 books (4 of the e-books are available on Amazon) and just wrote, rapped and released a hip-hop song on music digital platforms globally. Soooooooooooo, like I said, this is an “I’m back” post - That’s why I talked so much about myself. In my next posts, we’ll get back to our regular banter of spoofing the heck out of anything under the sun, moon or (ooooooo) the bed. In the meanwhile, if you’d like to check my new single out, here’s a link (Song name: Voices. Artist: Dwayne Lemos). https://open.spotify.com/album/6JBOOMVvEetzwuFrqSWTJq?si=yXWswoLCTYuCQVNPen7wog Chat soon. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment