Friday, June 18, 2021

Are we getting bad at conversation? Is it the lockdown that's causing it OR is on-demand preference availability tainting it?

Nowadays... 1) Some folks just want you to agree with all they say in a conversation. Opposing views are met with a boot. As is increasingly the case with the lockdown. 2) Some folks are not interested in a conversation if it does not engage their interests in life. It's a conversation not a marriage. 3) Some folks only talk about problems. I suppose that comes with age. I don't remember complaining all the time as a kid. Come to think of it, if I did (being an 80s kid), I'd have to the whaps. 4) Binging the 'left out at the table' person into a conversation that the majority is having by switching to a mutually discussable topic seems to be a lost skill. Oops... courtesy. I find that conversation is a skill (never would I have imagined myself calling it a skill 10 years ago) that a lot of people are starting to get rusty at.

No comments:

Post a Comment